Thursday, September 10, 2009

Why are there owls in the atrium?

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Merciful...

This is my first blog. I feel as though I should start strong, and hopefully it will strengthen my resolve and perpetuate something more durable than a fad.

Today I was told that I must begin determining what it is that I am good at; what I would love to do; dreams; etc. I must also determine my strengths, and what I am able to bring to a relationship, as well as what I want from someone else in a relationship.

It is definitely a blessing that we have the Broene counseling center. I met my counselor, Dan, after one of my employers on campus recommended him personally. I had been to Broene Counseling Center in the past, and had a very negative experience with a different guy. But I trusted the advice of my employer and so I tried Dan out. Now I'm certain I will look back on this time and thank my God for Dan's perfectly placed presence in my life.

The advantage of having someone like Dan (and I do recommend everyone find a counselor, or shrink) is that he has about forty years of experience and study, which he utilizes while listening to me, in order to deconstruct the problems I'm having, and provide good direction.

Right now, my biggest struggle is the question of "Who?" After attaching my identity to my faith for so long, losing faith hasn't just been a loss of God's identity, but a loss in morality, direction, and ultimately my own identity as well.

So I now resort to the owls in my atrium. The bits of wisdom that fly and flutter about, in and out. Those that have come from others, and those that are my own. And this will be where they land.

No comments:

Post a Comment